Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Motorcycle accidents are the cause of an estimated 50,000 injuries and 3,000 fatalities every year in the United States.
Motorcycles are more vulnerable to accidents because they are smaller and less protected than automobiles. Due to the increased susceptibility of motorcycles and the negligence of drivers on the road, motorcycle accidents often result in devastating events.
If you or a loved one has suffered a serious injury or death in a motorcycle accident, you may eligible to file a claim to seek compensation for your losses. A qualified and caring personal injury attorney can evaluate your case free of charge to determine your legal options.
Common causes of motorcycle accidents
Many factors contribute to the frequency of motorcycle accidents including:
- Vehicle blind spots – Motorcycles are smaller than most vehicles and are often overlooked by careless drivers
- Limited motorcycle visibility – About 70 percent of all accidents occur at intersections because motorcycles aren't as visible due to parked vehicles, buildings, etc.
- Unsafe vehicle maneuvers – including speeding, improper turning, and more
- Motorcycle defects – accidents often occur as a result of cycle part defects or fuel system leaks
- Road hazards – uneven pavements, potholes, debris, and puddles can all result in motorcycle accidents
- Weather conditions – Rain, hail, wind, snow, etc. call all increase dangerous driving conditions
- Alcohol or drug use – on part of the motorcyclist or other party
- Motor vehicle driver negligence – this is the number one cause of motorcycle accidents.
Protect your legal rights
In the event of a motorcycle accident, it is important to take the proper steps to ensure your legal rights are fully protected. Contact a lawyer to learn more about what to do right after an accident to preserve your legal rights.
Who is liable
In the majority of motorcycle accident cases, the negligent vehicle operator can be held liable for the damages suffered including medical bills, property damage, lost income capacity, and pain and suffering.
In some cases, highway officials may be found negligent if roads aren't properly cared for or maintained. Be sure to note that claims against the government are subject to specific guidelines.
Furthermore, if the motorcycle accident was caused by a defective cycle or auto part, the motorcycle manufacturer or repairer may be liable.
It is important to bear in mind that all personal injury claims are subject to statute of limitations laws, which limits the time a victim of a motorcycle accident has to file a suit.
Who can I contact if I've been injured in a motorcycle accident?
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured or killed in a motorcycle accident, it is wise to seek the assistance of a qualified personal injury attorney who will get you the compensation to which you are entitled. Please contact us today to speak with an experienced personal injury attorney who can answer your questions and protect your legal interests.
Motorcycle Accident News
August 14, 2008 - Motorcycle Accident Suit Settled in NJ
June 17, 2008 - Settlement Reached in WA for Motorcycle Accident
April 2, 2008 - Family of Motorcycle Victim Files Suit
Find a Lawyer Now
Search for a Personal Injury lawyer in your state or province by using the forms to the right.