Canadian Man Files Personal Injury Suit

Canadian Man Files Personal Injury Suit

A man living in Canada recently filed a personal injury lawsuit against another man who allegedly physically assaulted him last month. Jordan Smith, 27, filed the suit claiming the defendant, Michael Kandola, broke his jaw during an “unprovoked assault.”  

Attack Inspired by Prejudice

According to Smith, he was walking down the street, holding hands with his male partner, when he was aggressively approached by Kandola and five other South Asian individuals. Kandola and his “gang” allegedly started yelling at Smith and his partner, expressing hatred towards homosexuals. According to reports, he then punched Smith in the face, without warning, knocking him unconscious.  

Unprovoked Attack Resulted in a Broken Jaw

As a result of the attack, Smith suffered serious injuries to his jaw and face. He had to have his jaw wired shut and has been unable to eat solid foods. According to the personal injury suit, Smith has experienced continuous pain in his face and jaw since the attack. 

Victim Suffers Physical and Emotional Injuries

Smith’s father is representing him in the case, and noted that in addition to his physical injuries, Smith has suffered emotional pain and suffering. Vancouver police reported that they are hoping to push the case to a hate crime, which would result in a harsher punishment for Kandola. 

Kandola has been charged with aggravated assault.

(Source: Surrey Leader) 

Have you or someone you know suffered physical or emotional injuries due to the intentional harm of another? If so, you should contact us immediately to find out what your legal rights are. You may be eligible for financial compensation to cover medical expenses, including ongoing treatment, lost wages and emotional pain and suffering. 

Our experienced personal injury attorneys are dedicated to protecting the rights of the seriously injured and are standing by to see how they can help you.

Find a Lawyer Now

Search for a Personal Injury lawyer in your state or province by using the forms to the right.