Illinois Woman Injured in Slip and Fall Accident

Illinois Woman Injured in Slip and Fall Accident

A woman living in Illinois filed a personal injury lawsuit against Helmkamp Construction, claiming she suffered serious injuries during a slip and fall accident at one of its construction sites.

According to the lawsuit, when Alicia Wiley, a Regents Bank employee, visited one of the sites being remodeled by the construction company, she fell and sustained personal injuries, including:

  • Permanent, disabling injuries to her back, arm and leg
  • Severe physical pain
  • Mental anguish
  • Hefty medical expenses
  • Lost wages, lost ability to work

Injured Woman Seeks Compensation for Losses

Wiley is seeking compensation for her losses, and argues her slip and fall accident was a direct result of the defendants’ negligence. In addition to Helmkamp Construction, the following individuals and companies are named as defendants in the case:

  • Helmkamp Construction’s project manager, Rob Jhones
  • Burr Wolff
  • First Sates Investors

Suit Blames Defendants’ Negligence

The lawsuit states the above defendants were negligent, and as a result, should be held accountable for Wiley’s injuries. They were negligent, because they:

  • Failed to keep a proper lookout for individuals on the jobsite
  • Failed to maintain the walkways so they could be used safely
  • Failed to provide a safe environment
  • Failed to warn Wiley and other visitors of the dangers
  • Failed to supervise workers on the site

Wiley is seeking sums in excess of $300,000 for the physical, emotional and financial losses she incurred as a result of her injuries. The personal injury lawsuit was filed Dec. 15 in St. Clair County Circuit Court.

(Source: Madison St. Clair Record)

Have you been injured in a slip and fall accident? If so, contact us today to speak with an experienced personal injury attorney who will determine whether you are eligible to recover damages for your losses.

Find a Lawyer Now

Search for a Personal Injury lawyer in your state or province by using the forms to the right.